- learn all the manual functions of my new digital camera (Canon S100)
- learn Photo-Paint 8
- get a scanner (Canon 1220U?)
- start scanning all the photos I have done over the last twenty-five years or so
- get ahold of my Dad's family photo albums and scan them
- burn the family stuff to CD for my brother and sister
- look into photo hosting/printing sites like shutterfly.com and possibly set up some albums there.
I'd been thinking about going digital for a while, but only recently have camera prices and quality become attractive to me. I was also influenced by a few articles, like this one. The only thing I'm uncertain about is how to get hardcopy of digital images, but I'm sure that will become less and less of a problem as time goes on.