- Burn some CD-Rs for a trade. I'm getting a couple of recent Mermen shows from Santa Cruz in exchange for a Grateful Dead show (3-19-77) and a Pink Floyd show (9-30-71).
- A Hot Tuna vine arrived yesterday, so I have to at least extract the CDs to my hard drive and get the discs ready to mail to the next person on the vine. It was supposed to be one Tuna show from last December, but there are actually two shows from December, a 1969 show that I already have, and the "typewriter tape" that Jorma made in his living room with Janis Joplin back in 1964 when they were playing local coffee houses together.
- Go to the post office to mail the above and check my PO Box.
- L wants me to type a letter to the immigration department. They passed a law that requires her to get a new type of card. She applied for it back in May of last year, but hasn't received it yet and can never get through on their automated phone system. Meanwhile, we can't plan any vacations out of the country because she wouldn't be able to get back in. We got back from Hawaii in December one day before the law went into effect. Good thing the plane wasn't delayed!
- Order some teas online; I'm running out.
In Calgary, Exploring the Cultural Side of ‘Cowtown’ (link is to The New York Times) Pretty good article, although I've never seen Calgarians…
A few examples of trees broken by the accumulation of snow, as mentioned in my last post. The snow is gone, but the damage remains.
I drove around town today and was shocked at the number of trees that had been damaged by the heavy snowfall earlier in the week. It's too early in…